Thursday, November 05, 2009

Dona Nobis Pacem

Dona Nobis Pacem is Latin for Grant Us Peace

See the peace globes, from this year and past years, at the Peace Globe Gallery. Visit Mimi Writes blog to learn about peace globes.



This powerful prayer was said by 900 delegates at the Assembly of World Religions convened by the Patriarch of Moscow to coincide with the second United Nations Special Session on Disarmament.

This is probably the first time (and the last time) that members of leading religions have prayed together, with one prayer, a prayer for peace. Find the prayer for peace in Arabic, Dutch, English, French, Gaelic, German, Hebrew, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish and Welsh versions here.


Namaste,


CyberCelt

4 comments:

storyteller said...

Lovely Peace Globe and post ;-)
Thanks for sharing the resources and information here and in your more recent post too. I believe that peace is a choice and begins within … radiating outwards to others! Here's wishing YOU peace in each moment. I'm participating on all 4 of my blogs ... just because ;-)
Hugs and blessings,
Happily Retired Gal

"Nothing is so strong as gentleness; nothing so gentle as real strength." St Francis de Sales

Julia Phillips Smith said...

I'm still trekking around the blogosphere visiting peace globes.

I absolutely love your peace prayer. Really beautiful.

Peace to you, CyberCelt.

CyberCelt said...

@storyteller-Thank you for stopping by and for your kind words. Peace.

@travis-I love your wolf avatar. Thanks for your comment.

@julia-It is hard to see them all. I am doing the same as I have time. Peace is everywhere!

Mimi Lenox said...

I always love your peace globe posts. This year was no different. I did not know about the unilateral peace prayer. Thank you for placing the links to read. Inspiring.

Your beautiful peace globe is #1642 in the Official Gallery and will post February 21, 2010.
http://blogblastforpeace.com

Thank you for blogging for peace.
Eloquent, as always,