Do you drive around with extra stuff in your car or trunk? Unload it and save gas. I have a bad habit of buying items like potting soil, cat and dog food and cat litter and leaving them in my trunk until I need them. Every extra pound of weight cuts your gas mileage.
Think about it for a minute. Here are just a few things I used to carry around on a daily basis at different times in my life.
- sand toys, molds and cups
- swimsuits, towels, river shoes and floats
- roller blades, skate boards and helmets
- cans of oil or transmission fluid
- soccer shoes, pads and uniform