Monday, June 27, 2011

The Last Mountain in Appalachia



Below is a trailer for the new movie about coal and the fight for the last mountain remaining in Appalachia. As you watch, please remember that something like this could happen in your part of the world. We must stand up for clean energy and stop the Earth destroyers. Evidently, they are incapable of stopping themselves.




Paradise
©John Prine

When I was a child my family would travel
Down to Western Kentucky where my parents were born
And there's a backwards old town that's often remembered
So many times that my memories are worn.

And daddy won't you take me back to Muhlenberg County
Down by the Green River where Paradise lay
Well, I'm sorry my son, but you're too late in asking
Mister Peabody's coal train has hauled it away . . . (more lyrics)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Coal and the fight for the last mountain remaining in Appalachia is great video survey.

bristol plasterer said...

I really can't wait to see this movie..Looks awesome..