For more information, visit the Algalita website. The focus of Algalita's current research includes the prevalence and quantification of plastic debris, biological impact on marine life, and the desorption of plastic toxins into the ambient ocean water.
The video below is from the Algalita Organization. Please take a look at what man has done to the ocean. If you do not have the time to watch now, please bookmark the video and watch it later.
Disgusting? Yes. Want to do something? Take a pledge to reduce your consumption of plastic.
I pledge not to trash the oceans by:
1. Using a reusable tote or other bag at the grocery store
2. Drinking water out of glass or other non-plastic container
3. Recycling plastics whenever possible
4. Never littering and always disposing of trash properly
5. Encouraging my friends and family to reduce their plastics consumption
Take the pledge today on the Oceana website.