Submit Comments to Protect the Endangered Species Act!
Deadline: September 15, 2008
A leaked document obtained by the National Wildlife Federation recently revealed that the Bush administration is planning on weakening the Endangered Species Act in its last few months in office.Just days after this news broke, a public comment period was opened to get input as to what Americans think about their dangerous proposal.
However, this comment period is suspiciously short (30 days!), and it lacks a direct email address where wildlife advocates can send input.
Instead, public input must be submitted through a special online form or by postal mail. We want to help make sure your voice is heard.
Steps for Submitting Comments Online
- Click here to go to the "Interagency Cooperation Under the Endangered Species Act" page on Regulations.gov.
- Click on the yellow speech bubble next to Add Comments.
- Fill out the "Submitter Information."
Note: Don't worry about filling out Organization Name, Submitter's Representative, Government Agency Type or Government Agency if you are just a private citizen submitting comments.
- Enter your comments into the box under "Public Comment or Submission." If you need a few talking points about what to say, check out the talking points on the right column of this page.
- Scroll down and click "Next Step."
- Click "Submit."