Saturday, April 21, 2007

Earth Day 2007

lake at sunset
For the awareness that all of creation was made for Christ
and in Christ,
we pray...


For the grace to protect our environment for future generations,
we pray...


For the humility to accept our own created humanity,
we pray...


For reverence for all peoples and all creation,
we pray...


For nations whose natural resources are being usurped
by the greedy and powerful,
we pray...


For the just and equitable sharing of all natural resources,
especially the resource of fresh water,
we pray..
.


2 comments:

Brian J. Hong said...

I hate how in America every holiday can be made into a time to buy something.

CyberCelt said...

@brian-I am not selling anything except respect for the Earth and its inhabitants. I agree with you, though, we are a consumer society; ever driven to buy bigger, better and more. I am struggling to downsize my life and to become more in tune with nature. Happy Earth Day!